Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finally...

I have a spot for my family's food storage!  Ty built me these awesome shelves last weekend and we were finally able to empty all the closets, cupboards, shelves and other areas I had stuff accumulated.  Don't be fooled, I still have mass quantities of food inside my pantry and tons of toiletries in my closets still, but for now this is all the room I have to store.

Crazy? Maybe... Smart? Definetly!  Wanna know why?  Because everything I bought for my food storage, I did with coupons!  I am a religious follower of  'The Krazy Coupon Lady', recently she was featured on the TLC show Extreme Couponing (hopefully you watched it).  She has taught me so much and I'm so glad I have learned how to stretch my dollar, spend less & buy more!  If you aren't a couponer, I encourage you to do so.  BUT, you have to do it the right way and match the coupons with the sales.  I average 80% savings each trip to the grocery store!

I think everyone should have a food storage, for many different reasons.  2 years ago, we were able to live off of our food storage for a very long time!  It saved us so much money in the long run because when we lost our jobs we atleast had food...and plenty of it.  My goal is to get my storage up to a 2 yr supply of food and a 1yr supply of toiletries/hygeine items...so far, I have met my toiletries goal and am working on my food goal.  I just wish I had more room! lol


I bought 20 boxes of the Special K Granola, if you've never tried it you need too!  It's excellent as cereal or on yogurt & ice cream ;)


Beleive it or not, the fruit snacks will last the kids 6 months...for reals!

1 comment:

  1. I so want to get my food storage to this point soon.....lol I am still trying to figure out the whole coupon thing. I might need you to refresh me again. LOL

    ReplyDelete