Saturday, March 31, 2012

Another Year Older...

Kyla just celebrated her 14th Birthday last weekend! (Ack!!)  I'm not really sure what happens exactly when you go from 13 to 14 overnight, I mean it's not like I've ever been that age before or anything, but something really major seems to happen.  It starts the dreaded countdown!!......"1 more year until I can get my permit"....."2 more years until I will get to drive MYSELF ANYwhere I want to go".....and..."4 more years until I'm 18 and I can be an ADULT and do ANYthing I want to do"!!  It's almost as if they age about 10 years overnight, if that's even possible.  If only kids today could understand that as adults we'de give just about ANYTHING to go back a few years in the age pool!  Even though a part of my heart breaks to see my sweet little girl growing up, I'm somewhat looking forward to the day that she can experience all the really cool things life has to offer.  But for now, I'm completely thrilled that she's still my little girl for the next 4 years!!  I guess you could say My countdown begins now....enjoy it before it's gone!

Happy Birthday to my beautiful sweet Kyla!  You're an amazing kid and we love you so much!  There's so much I can say about you but the things that stick out the most are luckily some of your greatest qualities.  You are your mother's daughter, stubborn as all could be, but you stand your ground for what you believe, no matter what! You can fight like crazy but your heart is ALWAYS with those who you love and those who love you.  Your heart is filled with so much compassion, you love your family fiercely and it shows in the little things you do.  These things say so much about ones character, you should be so proud of the young lady you are growing in to. We love you so much and even if we have rough patches along the way, I'm so honored to be your mother.  Me & Dad love you SO much!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment