Saturday, October 10, 2009

Trading Tuesday...On Saturday

TCBOTB

I have been so lazy and behind on my blogging, especially my recipe trading. I could wait till Tuesday to post this recipe, but then I can't promise I would have time to do it then either! I seen this recipe on a TV show and I tweaked it a bit to our liking. The kids and ty LOVED it...hopefully some of you will like it too.

Breakfast Hash & Eggs

You will need:

1 pk pork chorizo
1 roll pork breakfast sausage
1/2 pound beef hamburger ( I used 2 frozen hamburger patties, LOL)
2 peeled potatoes, cut in small cubes (not to big, think canned hash sized potatoes)
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
6-7 eggs (or how ever many you like to eat)

***I added NO oil, there is enough fats from the meats***

Put all meat in your cast iron skillet or regular non stick skillet, start to brown. Add peppers and onions to meat after you break down the meat. Once the meat is all mixed up and almost cooked through, add the potatoes and stir. Cover the skillet with lid and let simmer on medium until the potatoes are cooked through. (you want the hash to get a bit crispy, but not charred) When potatoes are cooked through add eggs on the top, reduce heat and cover the pan until the eggs are cooked to your liking (DON"T touch the eggs while they are cooking because you don't want the yolks to break)

Plate and eat....It's very good. Even with the chorizo, my kids didn't think it was too spicy, perfect blend of flavors. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment