Monday, September 13, 2010

Goodbye diet...hello cakeballs

(I know these look like little skulls or something grotesque, but my lighting was horrible!  Don't let the picture fool you)

These are the most yummiest things I have ever eaten, so rich and delectable, I could hardly stand to eat just one.  I got the recipe from one of the other mom's in my PTO group.  She had brought these yummy little balls into one of our PTO meetings and all of us parents where in cake ball heaven!  If I could do one thing different, I would substitute the white chocolate for white almond bark, the chocolate is super pricey and SUPER sweet.

Here's how to make them:

1 box of cake mix
1 tub of frosting
1pk white almond bark (if you use chocolate instead, you will need 2 packs)

Bake the cake as directed
In a large bowl pour frosting in the bottom of the bowl
Once cake is done baking, pour hot cake into the bowl of frosting, mix well until it's one big gelatinous mess
Make bite size balls (should make 40-45 balls)
Place on a cookie sheet and freeze until well formed & cooled
Melt chocolate and dip your balls in the chocolate
Freeze again until hardened
I stored mine in the fridge but you can also keep them in an airtight container

YUMM-O!!


No comments:

Post a Comment