Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And Here it is


The Lovely Promotion Diploma!

Paige,

I am so proud of you! I stil feel like it was just last year that you were entering Kindergarten. I cried that day as I watched you walk into the elementary doors so excited to start school, you never even looked back with a tear..you were so happy. Just about as happy as I was last night watching you graduate from the 8th grade. Where has all this time gone?? I can't beleive that you are now headed into High School! I'm so happy for you, yet I am so sad at the same time. I'm sad that I only have 4 years left & then you will be off to college or off to pursue whatever it is you want in life when your done with high school. I'm sad because 8 years had gone by so fast that I know the next 4 will seem like lightning speed.

Middle School has been such a trying time for you & you have struggled so much with all the changes & pressures you have faced. I know how hard it has been for you to try and make the right choices when alot of your other peers have been going in directions that weren't always the best ones. I always thought Jr. High was the hardest for me & I think it very well may have been for you too. You should be very proud of yourself that you have made it through.

As you go into High School I hope that you do the same thing, stay confident in yourself & true to your beliefs. I want so much more for you then I ever had. The next 4 years are going to be some of the best years of your life, enjoy it, cherish it & make the best of it...it will be over before you know it.

You amaze me with your talents, your ability to let the little things go (I admire you for this, I could learn alot from you!)and your determination to please people. You do such great things for your friends & your family. Whatever you decide to do once you are out of high school, I know that you will be great at it! Your given talents for drawing & singing come so freely & easily for you, the world is an open book for you to do whatever it is you want to do...it's up to you.

Your Dad & I are so proud of you & we love you so much! You're different from the rest of the kids, I have a different bond with you because I wasn't but 2 years older then you when I had you. Please know, that when I snoop, pry or get scared or mad when you do certain things; it's simply because I am terrified. There are more things out there now then there was when I was your age, if I can give you any advice it would simply be this: Stay true to you! YOU are amazing! I love you so much and you can't imagine how proud I am of you!

Enjoy Highschool!!


1 comment:

  1. Tracey that was so sweet, I almost cried! Kids grow up so fast, it is so bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete