Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kyla's DARE Graduation




With Kyla's 5th grade year coming to an end, last night was the DARE graduation for the 5th grade class. Being that it has been a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time since I was in 5th grade, I didn't realize they studied the program with the police officer all year long. I had always remembered it being a short program that maybe lasted a couple of weeks. This officer was stationed at the school 1 day a week, all year long.

He was very involved in their recess time, lunch periods & general learning. On a personal level, I think it is amazing that our schools today can focus so much time & NEEDED attention addressing this very important issue.

I thought the drug, alcohol & cigarette issue was large when I was in school, I'm scared to accept the fact that it is such a more widespread issue today. when the girls talk to me about Meth, I'm amazed & shocked about how much they know. Luckily for our girls, we are a VERY open family & hold no topics back from them. Knowledge is power & hopefully they will learn from our mistakes.

Stay tuned for more updates to come...busy busy week ahead with the kiddos! Paige's graduation is next Tuesday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment