Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day...

It's always been a bit funny to me that we have a 'Mother's Day' Holiday. Hallmark Holiday for sure. Maybe it's a good thing that we have a Mother's Holiday, right? I mean really, we are amazing creatures & should be noticed & appreciated for ONE day a year, you agree?!

I love how excited my kids & husband get when they do something special for me, even the little things that they know for sure I will LOVE. I always find it hard to be 'taken care of' since 'taking care of' is all I know how to do. I know one day I will miss these days of handmade cards, burnt breakfast & funky folded laundry(most of the things they do for me on moms day). I love being Mom! (Given the day)

Happy Mother's day everyone!!

~~I'de like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids

~~Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body

~~A Mothers love perceives no impossibilities, Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible

~~There are only 2 lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings

~~Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother

~~when you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself & once for her children

~~Some are kissing mothers & some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same and most mothers kiss & scold together

~~Insanity is heredity; you get it from your children

~~Setting a good example for your children takes the fun out of middle age


No comments:

Post a Comment