Saturday, November 14, 2009

1st Place Champions!

So it is, they have won their division. She played 10 games while being completly un-defeated. Talk about something to be proud of! These girls did an amazing job and their teamwork with each other is what brought them to the 1st place trophy. I'm so proud of her & her team!!

The last game was probably the best game they have ever played. The other team played very well and made our girls really work hard. The majority of the game I was at the edge of my seat, while screaming! (I think I will be out of a voice tomarrow) Ofcourse, I was screaming nothing but goodness to my kyky...lol. :)

I have to say that Girls are the most aggressive soccer players I have yet to see, and also the most compassionate. Kyla has played in this league for several years and is friends with many of the girls on her opposing teams...
When kyla came up to me after the end of the game, I was immediately praising her and giving her many of hugs and she turned to me and said that she felt really bad for winning because the other girls were so upset & she had seen one girl crying. At that moment, I realized how much MORE then soccer kyla has learned from her years in sports. She knows what it feels like to be on both sides of the fence, she knows when to gloat and when to be compassionate. I'm so proud of her for GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP!

**but she is still excited about collecting that 1st place trophy on tuesday** By the way, kyla is trying out for the traveling soccer team on tuesday night, which would allow her to keep playing into early spring. I'll keep ya posted








1 comment:

  1. Thats so awesome! Congrats Kyla and I hope the other soccer tryouts go well too

    ReplyDelete