Friday, November 6, 2009

The Season Of Giving

As you can see, I am so excited about the upcoming holidays that I have already changed my blog layout again,lol. ThanksGiving is not my most favorite holiday, but I love when it gets here because it means we are almost to Christmas. The Christmas season in our home starts right around a week before thanksgiving, I know, crazy right?

I'm not sure what it is about the season..whether it be the smells of baking, the christmas music in the stores, the old movies played on tv, the excitement my children get waiting for santa or just the fact that I get to drive around and see christmas decorations and trees & lights. Whatever it may be, this type of year is my favorite because it makes me feel so GOOD! I love to give to people, I love to see people smile because of something I have done for them, and I just LOVE how other people feel the exact same way!! This sounds corny, but people are just more beautiful around christmas...don't you think? The joy of giving to others is by far the best feeling I could ever have. We are going to try to instill this again into our kids this season and let them each donate gifts to other kids in need. We were going to try to adopt a family, but due to our finanical situation we are unable to this year...however,I heard today that you can also donate time to your local churches (even if your not members) and you can help wrap presents and put together the food/christmas boxes...what a great way for our family to help someone elses.
That's what it's all about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment