Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our month in review~

March has just flown by so fast I can hardly believe it will be April next week, Say What?! It's already past the beginning of spring and yet again, we are expected to see snow this week...*sigh*, ugh!

This month was a busy yet, exciting month for us. Not only did I celebrate my 13 year wedding anniversary with the most amazing man on the planet, but my sweet little Ky-monster turned 12.

Ty had been out of work for several weeks, which prompted me to start browsing "frugal living" websites looking for ways to save a buck here and there and now I have developed a passion for this way of life. So much so, that I have been approached by 2 coupon sites offering to pay me money for signing up with their sites and hosting there advertisements on my own site..wow! Luckily for us, Ty has been working for the last 3 weeks and work remains steady but I will still continue to live frugally and shop for deals to ensure more money is always is my pocket! I love it! By the way, in the last 4 weeks, I have saved a total of $682 off my normal grocery bills buying things I would have normally bought prior...woot woot! I haven't hit a $100 grocery weekly bill in the past 4 weeks!!!! (we used to average around $200 week)

The weather has been ablsolutely stunning these past 7 days! I love to see my kids being able to play outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. We borrowed some bikes from Ty's Parents (for us) and we took a family bike ride both days this weekend, just awesome! Never knew how out of shape I really was until I almost died halfway through the bike ride!!!

My best news yet, I have commited to working ou 5 days a week and so far I feel phenominal!! We have a beautiful gym at our community center and Ty's mom & I have been working out there...what a great feeling to give back to myself for a change!

How has your March been? I hope you have all been able to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather and have fun with your family!

1 comment: