Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Inspiration Revisited



The past year has been a tough one for us, financially. With both of our businesses on the front lines of this horrific struggling housing market, this is an issue we have been dealing with for well over a year now. Ty losing his job & me losing the majority of my accounts,was definitely something none of us ever seen happening.

Ty & I are very driven people, we did what any parent/human would do, kept going. Kept looking for work, working for little money, barely making the bills & at times we were unable to make some bills. The stress was over whelming to me & from that, it put strains on my marriage & family life. During this time I was not the wife I was always happy being, and surely not the happy mother my kids deserved. The quality of life just wasn't there anymore.

So recently, after about 8 months of this, I found myself on the phone with Ty doing the same thing I had been doing for months, bitching & complaining. I'm not really sure what he had said to me in our conversation (he was already in a bad mood prior to my call) but all that I remember was him say to me in his rather irritated voice, "well then do something about it!"

Thats when it really hit me...OMG, I'm throwing myself a pity party! I'm being the victim! I, who can't stand the victim role, am acting like a type of person I despise. That's the moment when I realized, again, nobody will find my happy place for me...I must do this on my own & quickly before I drive myself to the looney farm.

This is where the book comes into play. About 3 years prior, My wonderful Father-in-Law brought me this book when we were going through a "financial crisis" & I was stuck in a mindset that "we were screwed" so to speak. I really can't say I was pleased when he showed up at my door, un-announced out of the blue, just to give me a "change your attitude" book (as I used to call them). Frankly, I was a bit irritated. Many questions ran through my head as to why "I" received the book & not Ty. However, in respect of my father-in-law, I read the book he gave me. After the first chapter, the book had already had me inspired to read more, by the middle of the book I had begun to realize the benefit factors of energy, and by the end of the book...it had changed my life! It had changed my attitude. And for the first time in a Long time, I felt this amazing happy feeling, its undescribable to most, but to those of you who are into this sort of thing...you get it. This book taught me how to be in control of my feelings(on a more powerful lever), my energy, my destination & my life's path. Many things I thought I had no control of, I always used to think it was luck or my laid out path.

After reading this book the first time (3yrs ago), my business grew practically overnight to a place I never saught imaginable. My relationships were better then I had ever experienced & my spirit was just, "serene".

Its amazing to me how I can go from that feeling (then), to almost pure depression all because of "things"(just recently). (jobs, money, toys,etc) When really, these things are of no monetary value if you can't find peace & acceptance without them..Right?? These things had me so stressed out it was unbearable, I couldn't even talk about it without crying. OK, so I'm not saying that "things" defined me by ANY means...but to be perfectly honest, I was embarassed to have people see us lose them. Like maybe we would be "Ir-responsible" or "in-over our heads" or "talked about".

Today, I will be the first to tell you, YES, we were in over our heads. We made crazy good money & lived comfortably. Now that we have lost income, one of our houses, our timeshare & will be getting rid of our boat...it's not that scary to me as I thought it would be. Reading this book made me remember that I don't need these things to be happy (And trust me I know..making these payments don't make you very happy) Now... I could care less if anyone knows, or what people may say or think about us. It's all about how we feel. And I feel Great! LOL

So, my point for this babbling, is to simply share my story. After my talk with ty on the phone that day, I did just that.. I dusted off my old book & re-read it & I was able to bring myself back to the place where I was the most happy & in control...purely feeding off of my own positive energy. It's amazing the speed things started to turn around once I got rid of my "pity party attitude". Its the Pure "Law of Attraction" at work.

Beleive me when I say, I was inches away from throwing up my hands & dumping the business. I went through terrible times trying to find good employees, ones who would not steal, cheat & take advantage of me. Hell, I would be blessed if they even show up to work! I busted my butt to get more clients & accounts, just to see them all jeapordized by my employees. I went through times where I would get so mad, I would fire every single one of them. (OH, this was a LOVELY time! Pure Joy FOlks!) I would work 10-12 hour days, sometimes alone, for weeks straight. I did all this, just so I could get back to where I was before (before the housing plumet) so we could live comfortably again.

Wouldn't you know, that once I got my mind & attitude back on track, I got slammed with new customers & even managed to suddenly aquire new wonderful employees. Our finances are looking better, I have less stress & I feel so much better all around. Everything seemed to just flow the way it was supposed to.

I will always be grateful that I have a father-in-law who cared so much about me to stop by that one day 3 years ago & give me that book. For some its just a book, but for me, it was my life saver! And still is! I Love you Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment