Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday




This week I am so thankful for the sale & purchase of our old & new vehicles. So since the re-modification of our loan, we decided that we wanted to tighten up the rest of our budget and get rid of all our payments so we could be left with only a mortgage. The decision was a bit hard and somewhat emotional when we decided to sell our truck, but it was also a decision we knew would benefit our family & our budget more in the long run.

Within 24 hours of listing our truck, we already had a cash buyer. Neither one of us even thought it would sell...but HOORAY it did. We found a Yukon XL (AKA Suburban) and I just LOVE it!! The best part...it's PAID FOR!! We were very lucky because it's really nice and in excellent condition. It's weird being in a suburban again, but I have had 2 in the past & I just feel they are more 'My Style' then a big diesel truck. (Not to mention gas cars are SOOOOOO much quieter)

Ofcorse, we had to get the approval from the kids (especially tyler) and they all love it now & have given it a thumbs up since we have gotten it detailed and nice and pretty. I would have taken a picture but my battery is dead...save that for later.

I'm so thankful that things worked out for us the way they did. Many lessons have been learned & we will no longer be foolish & wasteful with our money. If saving money & not always getting what you may "want" but getting or doing what you "need" makes us feel this good, then this is definetly what we will be doing from now on!




No comments:

Post a Comment