Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday






OK OK..so we're a little trashed in this picture...but it's the only one of about 80 that I can find of all of us together. ITS VEGAS....THIS EXPLAINS IT ALL!!! This very well might be the night Ty & Billy Ditched me & Robin..LOL. Seriously!


For my Thankful Thursday insert this week, I choose to dedicate it to our 2 great friends. We have some of the best friends you could ever meet, while some say that their friends are the best, ours really are. Billy and Robin have been friends of ours since 2000. The way we met was a bit weird, but I look back now and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to see that strange character (billy) looking at me through my back door. LOL (Only Robin Understands this) We happened to move right next door to them & quickly became the best of friends.

We lived next to Billy and Robin for 5 years & we were together every single day & if we werent together, robin and I were on the phone together. Our ritual was sitting out by our fence every night for 15 minutes...which that 15 minutes always turned in to 2 hours. Some nights we would even sneak into bed because we would stay outside SO LONG our hubby's used to get mad at us :) When we decided we were going to sell & move, the hardest part about moving was leaving them. I will never forget that tearful goodbye we all had on the tractor in billy's backyard, not very often have I ever seen ty or billy cry..this is when you know you really love someone. (ofcorse me & robin were blubbering babies the entire day) Once we moved, they moved too.

How often is it that you meet someone or a couple, where the husbands are as close of friends as the women are? Not very often. Robin & I have a relationship that is so different then many of the close friendships I have had in the past. We laugh together, vacation together, shop together, cry together, argue with each other and have just long endless coversations on the phone about simply nothing at all. We have leant shoulers to one another & have depended on the loving words of each other that only that of a best friend could give you. I swear that next to Ty, Robin is truly the only other person in this world that really understands ME & she gets how complicated I can be & doesn't judge me by this.

Billy happens to be one of the most generous men I have ever met, he would give a person anything he had to give them if they needed it or asked for it...even if it was something he needed himself. Generosity like his doesn't come along very often, this is something you don't see in our times anymore. Even with 100+ miles in between us now, we still have a great friendship with these two and if anything, the distance has made it more treasured when we are together.

Robin: even though our time together has been limited & our phone conversations have been decreased, you and billy are still 2 of my very best friends & you could never be replaced!! Please don't kill me for the picture!!!! LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment