Saturday, August 1, 2009

Say it aint so..

Is it possible that I have finally reached my breaking point?

ME, the one who can go forever like the Energizer Bunny, finally throwing up my hands saying screw it?! I think so.

I love my family, dearly, but sometimes they make me so angry! I have created dependent monsters. I feel like at times (not all the time, just alot of times)all I ever do is cater to people who could do for themselves and along the way..I have nothing left to give myself. BECAUSE...if I don't do it for them, they won't do it for themselves. I must get over the feeling if being a "lousy mother" if make my family pitch in more.

So, I forget to pay a bill yesterday..(A very important Bill) I knew I had to pay it, I had the money to pay it, I even already deducted it from my checkbook; but I forgot to call it in. Oopps. This morning I tried calling in & guess what?? They are closed till monday..guess what that means?? It will be 2 days late.
I tell ty this morning and he gets upset with me...so upset that he is still talking about it THREE HOURS later! Mind you, I already know I screwed up...but here's my beef:

HE who wants NO part in the bills, HE who doesn't ever help with any of the budgeting, banking or any of it has the nerve to get mad at me?? HELLO?? I'm only human here..I make mistakes and I would love the help ( I actually need the help) I have asked him to take this part over for me many times, he never does.

My children take me for granted. I have done everything for them & made them so dependent on ME to take care of things. My last couple of mornings have consisted of waking to the previous nights dishes; why in the hell I still have dishes in the morning beats me! There are 5 other people in this house, you'de think one of them would spring up & do the dishes for me. NOPE..I woke to them TWO days in a row.

I do everyone's laundry, I put away everyone's laundry, I do 98% of all the cleaning, I take care of all the animals, all the grocery shopping, banking, bills, driving my kids to & from school/friends houses & I put in over a 40 hr work week by the time I do all my work things for the business. I think I'm just ready to hand over the torch, whether my family is ready for it or not.

I'm certain every mom has felt this way before...atleast I hope they have :)




1 comment:

  1. Oh, I totally feel you girl. I'm responsible for the $$ in my house too. It is not a fun job and sometimes it's hard not to feel resentful and unappreciated!! Hang in there, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete