Tuesday, July 14, 2009

14 Years Ago Today, I Became a Mom

for the first time. If only my family would have known how scared I was to become a mother at the young age of 17, they would have been just terrified for me. I'll never forget my experiences with my first pregnancy, I was very "BY-The Book" (who'de of ever thought, lol). I had some great family & great friends to support me through this 9 months awaiting the arrival of my first born. Many had told me how hard it would be & how life changing it would be to have a baby so young, but not many of these people ever told me the love you would have for your child would change you in ways you never thought possible. In a way that makes you want to be a better person, in a way that makes you scrutinize your own wants & desires to make sure they are the best for your child.

The night she arrived was not one I was prepared for in the least bit, but with all my reading I had been doing I should have only known those damn Jack-in the box tacos would have set me off into labor. (Long story, but I was HOOKED on JITB Tacos while I was pregnant, severely hooked)

Ty had picked me up to take me out for the evening. I had started having contractions earlier in the day, but none were consistent. As usual, I made my normal pitstop to JITB for my regular nightly tacos...and just like that...BOOM!!! Within and hour and a half, I was in Labor.

I remember discussing it with my mom that it was "time", she was scurrying through the entire house trying to get everything I would need/Paige would need. She just kept repeating the words " Okay, Okay, Stay Calm Tracey, Okay, Okay, What else do we need, etc". She was freaking out more then I was! Kinda funny now that I think about it. :)
After 16 hours of Labor, Little Miss Paige was finally ready to enter into this world.

My mom, Ty, Ty's parents and his brothers & sisters were all there at the hospital during/after we had Paige. Amazing to think it was 14 years ago. The last 14 years with her has been quite an adventure. I'm not sure where I would be now had I never had her, but I do know that I would have missed out on the best 14 years of my life! (even being a young mom) She was the best thing that ever happened to me.



July 15th 1995

Paige Nicole Morgan
7lbs 14oz


(below) Paige & me when she was 2 days old







Paige's 1st grade picture ( I LOVED to curl her hair)


Miss Paige the Soccer player~She's so cute!!

This is my Paiger's today. Where o' where does the time go?? How can they grow so fast?



Happy Happy 14th Birthday Paiger's. I love you so much!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I never realized this, but Vanessa was born July 13, 1996. Almost 1 year exactly from the day the Paige was born... Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy! I never knew that either. lol. Can't wait to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete