Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Last week for my first posting I chose my Family, this week I thought I would take it a step down and take a moment to be thankful Ty & I have jobs.
You hear it on the news, radio..see it on the interent and in the paper..people all over the board are losing their jobs. From the Teachers in our community who have been let go due to "budget cuts", the wonderful merchant tellers who helped me at my bank everytime I went in, all the way down to the cashier clerks at our Bashas who lost their jobs because the store closed.
Many of these people have invested almost half their entire lives into their career and just like that, POOF, it's all gone. They are left to either move or start all over.
I'm so grateful we both have jobs. It wasn't so long ago that we were on the flip side..and let me tell ya, it SUCKED! We consider ourselves extremely fortunate.
For us, it was nothing more then the opening of another door. After Ty was let go from his company of 15 yrs, he & his dad finally made the effort and started their own business. Had they never been let go, this would not have happened I'm sure. In Ty's case, he looks back now and said he is so thankful that he was let go, everything happens for a reason.
If we all have jobs, we need to feel blessed. If we happen to lose our job, we need to look for the other opportunity because there is always one available. Some of the happiest & most succesful people in the world got to that point by simply being forced to look for Plan B.


No comments:

Post a Comment