Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Twins Turn 7



I just can't beleive it! My babies are turning 7! On one hand I'm thrilled to have made it through the sleepless nights & frazzled days that one faces as they are caring for 2 babies at the same time, which by the way is no walk in the park! Then on the other hand I'm bummed thinking that I will now have 2 kids the same age, going through the same things at the same time. Ugh! At 16 I'll be buying TWO cars, at graduation I'll be putting TWO kids in college...YIKES!! O well...this is where the Prozac comes into play :)

The babies have always been fun...even through the hard times. They are so different from one another, it must be a twin thing. They have always been so opposite, when one goes through a growth spurt, the other does not. When one is behaving good, the other is not. When one is sleeping good, the other is not. I wonder why this is? They are each other's best friend...I feel that having twins is actually more of a gift...ever since they were little they have been tied at the hip with one another and are always happy together. Tyler is the more passive one & he's very protective of his sisters while Alexa is the Boss & always has been.

So I'll cut to the chase & tell you how these sweet little babies arrived. I found out I was pregnant with twins at 6 weeks along (Ty almost DIED!) Everyone in our family was thrilled and over joyed but it took Ty several months to feel the same way. I think he was more scared then anything about how he was going to take care of TWO more babies (I was a stay at home mom this whole time)

The pregnancy went great, full term for twins is 38 weeks...and I carried them suckers till 38 weeks. I thought I would never have them. At one point, my best friend gave me some caster oil to take since it helped her have her baby...But NO! Aside from puking, It did nothing! I ended up having the babies the day before I was to be induced.

The labor was fast & furious, not to mention very scary. All I really remember was Tyler (baby A) he was head down, Alexa (baby B) was breached. They thought they might have to give me a C-Section after I had tyler so before I knew it..they were throwing scrubs to ty and rushing me into the operating Room. Ty was so freaked out! We have never had any of our kids in an operating room & it was quite scarier then what we were used too. There were around 10 people from doctors to nurses & nicu nurses. Luckily, no C-Section for me. Yeehoo!

Our babies were born so healthy and beautiful that all that torture was well worth it. We were prepared that they would possibly have to spend time in the NICU if they weren't big enough or if they had any problems. (I could not gain much weight while pregnant, we were concerned they would be too underweight to come home) They were able to come home the very next day after they were born, we were so blessed to have such healthy twins.
July 26th 2002

Tyler William was born at 11:09am

6lbs 5oz


Alexa Caitlynne was born at 11:15am

6lbs 7oz


The nurses at the hospital were amazed at how BIG the babies were...so were we! They were just perfect! Even though alexa weighed more then Tyler at birth, he quickly took over in weight. He was always bigger & taller then her & still is. Chunk-a-monster.


Happy Birthday kiddos!!!




This was their first picture we had taken of them...so cute! (her bow was syruped to her bald head..like the rest of our girls, no hair for her until about a year and a half old)
This was their announcement picture...sleeping so peacefully :)
Smiling for pictures that Tata was taking of them (he took about 20 pictures this night :))
LOL..how funny is this picture! She found her love for shoes at an early age. Look at how chunky little man is...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment