Monday, August 9, 2010

Slightly Compulsive...

That is how I feel about my new love for grocery shopping, hehe.  I'm hooked on saving money!  I get the biggest high when the checker tells me I have saved over 90% of my grocery bill, it almost makes me want to break out in my 'happy dance' right there infront of her, lol!  

Every so often I get looks from annoyed shoppers lined up behind me as they are waiting for the cashier to finish scanning the gazillion coupons I have handed her, sometimes I've even caught them rolling their eyes and even packing up their items and head to another lane.  Does this bug me?  No, not anymore. My thoughts are this: You go ahead and get annoyed, pack up and leave, that's OK with me...I will just sit here and keep paying $0.10 a box for cereal, $0.03 a can for spagehettios and $0.19 for my papertowels while you full price!  And while I'm skipping out of the store with all my free catalinas for MORE FREE groceries and you're drowning in the debt of your groceries, you might just think twice about snubbing a crazy coupon lady in the grocery store again!!


  My newest shopping adventure
I purchased:

2 bounty papertowels
9 boxes of kleenex (No hoarding here, it's all for school folks)
5 jugs of Sunny Delight
2 packs of feminine products
1 box fiber 1 granola bars
1 bag chex mix
1 bag quacker chips (not shown, I ate 'em)
3 boxes of cocoa puffs
1 box trix
3 powerades
2 gallons milk
1 bag of ruffles
1 package of the new Mac & Cheese
1 bottle of dawn dishsoap

Total BEFORE Coupons & V.I.P. Card: $90.42

Total out of pocket for me: $6.99

Coupons are great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment