Friday, August 27, 2010

Mommy rambles on again...

I've recently come across some really good scriptures that I felt I had to share.  In my life, it seems that about every 6 months I am needing a re-boost in my positive energy, things to be thankful for and the regaining of my faith.  For me, it's so easy to get lost in the everyday whoas, then I start getting to that place of negativity that I don't like to be in.  Once you are in that place, you know it, because you lose sight of what is right with your life & your situations.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE being ME!  I feel I have the best life, best family, best friends, and the best situations, but with 4 kids (2 of which hate living here and hate their schools) and trying to re-establish a business in a new place...getting into a negative downward spiral is not good for me or my family.  Mom needs a re-vamp in order to re-vamp my kids, right?  Afterall, moms are the rocks of their families!

"What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity?  Our Attitude tward it.  Every opportunity has a difficulty, and every difficulty has an opportunity."

This is so powerful to me!  It just proves again, that our attitudes in life can get us through anything.  Looking back on all our moves we took to get to where we are now, I realize that they were all little stepping stones with a little bit of difficulty and alot of opportunity.  That opportunity has made us who we are today.

"Some people are born into wonderful families, others have to find or create them.  Being a member of a family is a priceless membership that we pay nothing for but love"

Amen!  No matter what life throws at us, no matter what dysfunctions come about, I know that I come home every day to an amazing family.  Ty & I have created a family that is all ours!  I always dreamed of a perfect, large, loving family and to know that we have created that for ourselves is pretty amazing!  Another example of your thought process, it doesn't matter where you come from, you can have ANYTHING you want!

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves. "
~ Abraham Lincoln or Rev. William J. H. Boetcker

Ok, so this one is a little off the rocker of my subject but I seen it and I felt moved!  I am so disapointed with the way things are right now in our government and when I voted, I wish I could have seen how things would have been 1 1/2 years later. For that, I take part responsibility since my vote was directed to the democratic party..ONLY because I thought it would change things.  Well, it most certainly did!  When I read this, I felt like they were talking directly to me!  As an employer, I feel I have gotten the short end of the stick since our government seems to think we should keep giving and expect our people to quit working.  I mean really, why work when you can get paid more to not work, right?? Wrong!  Even though I am very outraged with certain government matters, I will continue to shoot for the stars.   I will continue to strive to be the best American I can be, I will continue to teach my children that hard work & devotion will get them anything they desire, I will continue to try to see the best in our economic situation and have hope that it will change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment