Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bo Bo's Update


Many of you already know Bo & his hip situation but for those that don't...I will tell you. This is my Bo-Bi's. He's our English Bulldog & the best dog I have ever been fortunate enough to have. We've had many dogs in our life, but none like him. He is wonderful with the kids, strangers, neighbor kids, cats, other dogs..he's just a sweet gentle sole! Or Gentle Giant I might say, he tips the scale at 65 pounds (he's lost around 10 pounds). He does have his downfalls, he's a bit smelly. They fart alot! We have had him on special food (due to Bullies wide array of allergies) and this food is supposed to help with his "smelly problem" & he still reaks! I could only imagine how bad he would smell with out it! Bo has really bad hips & after we got him a second opinion, it is for sure that he will need a full hip replacement. There is another surgery they can do, but the results are guaranteed...which the hip replacement is. Of course, this is really expensive & we won't be able to do it at this point..but in the near future we will be doing it. We are only going to do the left hip first because it is the worst. There is hope that with fixing the left hip, we might not have to fix the right hip. He is getting Pain medication to eleviate the pain until the surgery can be done. We have been taking him for walks, small ones, and this has helped him some. The biggest thing is keeping him from going up stairs as this really hurts him & makes him limp horribly. The sad part, is that we dont think he has ever NOT been in pain. He gets plenty of lovin' & spoilin' so I'm sure he thinks life is GREAT! He will be 2 on June 9th, yes I know the date & yes we give him a little party. (I will even post a pic of him in his party hat) Ty takes no part in his little party, he thinks me & the kids are CRAZY! Yep, we are crazy for the Bo Bo's!!!

2 comments:

  1. Heh, Tiger's 3rd birthday is on Saturday (March 15th) And I plan on having a little birthday celebration for her. Mainly because I'm sure she feels a little neglected with the new puppy and all.

    We'll also be giving both Jackson and Tiger Easter baskets this year. Fun! Hope Bo Bo gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sweetie!! Our dog is getting old, too. He is almost 9 and is starting to get a little arthritic. He is such a good dog, too. Having a good dog is such a blessing, we are really lucky! I hope all your kids are feeling better! Riding the bus always makes me feel sick, so I can sympathize with Lexa!!!

    ReplyDelete